If you want to have your own bathroom tile mirrors, but would not want to spend too much money on the project, the best way for you to do this is to make your own. Fortunately, you have this article to guide you through some sample tile mirrors to find the perfect design for your bathroom. All you have to do is read the article and you will quickly find out what you need to know.
Things to Remember
The first thing that you need to remember is to combine a few sheets of mosaic tile as well as a cheap mirror. Once you have these basic materials, you’re all set to begin. Here are the steps that you need to take as follows:
- Prior to trimming the glass, you need to figure out the right size of the tiles for the frame first. After this, you need to trim the mosaic sheets into five strips using push pins to hold it on to the wall for creating a template.
- Here are the specs for the mirror that you would need—24.5 inches by 23.5 inches. Go to your favorite hardware store and have it cut with these specs.
- For the mirror support you can use scrap wood leftover from any other what projects that you may have done in the past. Just make sure that it is smooth and even to the ground. Aside from this, you can also use construction adhesive specifically designed for glass to secure the mirror to the wall. It will dry in about a few hours.
- Adhesives can be used for small projects like this one. However, if you want to work on a large scale, you have to use mirror clips that can secure the frame into the wall effectively.
- After about a day or so, you can work on the tile on wall design. You just have to make sure that the mortar is smartly laid out and attached to the wall itself instead of the rough trowel because it will show that tiles underneath especially if you’re working with transparent material.
- You can also use paper tiles for this design. This is one of the best tile design materials that you can have because you will not have difficulty removing it if necessary. The front is covered by paper which can easily be removed by soaking it in water and peeling it off subsequently.
- You can also look forward to having smaller tile projects because you can use a putty knife instead of a float to apply the grout in between the tiles. This will be much easier and faster to do for sure. You can use various products such as Bright White for the grout as well.
- After this, you can use a grout sponge to get rid of possible residue on the tiles. You can use molding or trim to frame the tiles. You can use different materials if you prefer.
After installing the tile frames and mirror, you can now proceed to painting this project with the colors you desire. I suggest that you paint the walls instead of the mirror itself to preserve the classic effect of the mosaic design in the bathroom or any other room in the house.
Source: Centsational Girl