If you want to create decorations for all occasions, salt flour is the best material to use, especially if you are going to do food décor. This article will give you some of the various steps that you should follow in order to make decorative DIY salt flour for all occasions.
Tools and Ingredients Needed:
Before you begin, you will need the following tools and ingredients. Hopefully, you will be able to understand and obtain all the ingredients easily so that you can do it for your family in the future.
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup of salt
- ½ cup of lukewarm water
- The mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Cookie cutters of different shapes and sizes
- Parchment paper
- A long string
The Baking Procedure
Here is the procedure that you should follow when it comes to making your very own salted cooking flour. Hopefully, you will be able to do it on your own soon enough for is very easy to do and you will not have any problems following the instructions.
- First, you should combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- After this, you should slowly pour ½ cup of lukewarm water.
- You should blend this well to integrate the ingredients and make the dough as consistent as possible.
- As soon as the dough is formed, you should knead continuously for 5 minutes.
- Afterward, you should roll the salt flour out onto the counter. Make sure it would be ¼ inch thicker to be used on.
- Use (cookie) cutters to create shapes of various sizes from the dough.
- As soon as you finish this, you ought to move the shaped dough onto the available baking sheets ruled with parchment paper on the sides.
- You should take it out to dry for about 48 hours.
- If you can do this, make sure to place it in the oven for about 300° F and let it take for half an hour.
- As soon as it is baked, you should take it out of the oven and let cool down for a few minutes for stringing.
- Make sure that you are able to paint it before you string it.
You should tie each cut out in a knot on top to keep it in place and prevent them from sliding together. Remember to space them about 4 inches apart.
These are just some of the many steps that you should follow in order to make cookie dough decorations around the house. Just remember that it takes a little bit of creativity to think of ways to use salt flour for your various artistic endeavors. As shown in these pictures, hopefully you will be able to find the best decorative designs that can help your house stand out among the rest in terms of decorations.
Source: Delightful Mom