If you want to have a unique and one of the kind wall hanging project that you can do by yourself or with family, it is important free to read this article. We will try to give you some tips on how you can make yourself a wall hanging project without spending too much money on materials. Here are some of the materials that you will need and possible instructions on doing it.
First off, before you begin to let us first enumerate the materials that you will need for this project. Here are some of these materials as follows:
- Differently colored yarns
- A copper pipe
- Rope or string
Note: The standard size for the bag would be at least 2 feet. This is available in any hardware store.
Now that you have the materials needed, you can now proceed with the steps that you should follow to make your very own wall hanging design. Below are some of the steps that you should follow:
- The first step should be stringing your rope or yarn into your pipe and tying it into a knot. After doing this, your yarn and pipe will eventually look like a makeshift hanger. While some yards may be sturdy enough to support anything that is hung using them, sometimes, it may not work this way. If this happens, you would need to have another set of ropes or strings to do the trick.
- Now, you can begin cutting the extra strips of the yarn and tying them onto the copper pipe. You can experiment with different tying options and knots as well. Just make sure that you can securely time tie the yarn onto the pipe. You can do this by folding the piece of yarn in half. You should be able to form a loop on top.
- After this, you can bring the loop underneath the pipe before pulling each end through. Do not be afraid to make mistakes, just try to experiment.
- As soon as you are finished with the first few knots, you can then try to switch it up by using a different colored yarn. The number of yarns and knots you use will entirely depend on you.
- Make sure that everything is tightly wound so that it will not end up falling to the ground as soon as it is hung. In this particular project, you can see that neutral and bright colors were used alternately. Doing this brought life to the project.
- Lastly, you should give your project a trim, especially if the knots turn out to be too long despite being knotted. As soon as you’re done with this, your wall hanging will look like the picture below.