Lighting is a crucial part of any home. Having good lighting in your home can transform a simple space into something glorious and chic. Drab lighting, on the other hand, can make a space look terrible, no matter how nice the decor and furniture. Aside from having lights strategically placed around your home, the kind of light you have can help make or break your space, too. Here are some genius lighting ideas for your kitchen that can take it from drab to fab.
- Hanging Edison bulbs – when you look at them. Edison bulbs seem pretty basic. However, with a bit of an artsy touch, a bunch of Edison bulbs can turn into an instant art installation in your kitchen. Check out these pictures of hanging Edison bulbs for some inspiration.
- Pendant lights – adding pendant lights in your kitchen is one of the easiest ways to add a bit of an artsy touch to it. The great thing about pendant lights is that they fit well into any kitchen, no matter the space and the theme or the overall design. There are tons of pendant light styles to choose from, too, so you’re sure to find something that will suit your taste and your kitchen’s aesthetics. You can even DIY them using materials of your choice, like mason jars.
- Exposed wires and lights – on a tight budget but still want to give your kitchen a nice glow up? Why not jump right into the trend of exposed wires and lights? This is a great lighting idea for industrial and rustic kitchens, though I see no problem with it fitting in with other kitchen themes, too.
- Kitchen spotlights – why in the world would anyone want to have spotlights at home, you may be wondering. Well, for one, spotlights are great for illuminating dark spaces. If you have the money to splurge on having your kitchen rewired and your ceiling redone, go ahead and get kitchen spotlights. It will be great for cooking and for entertaining in or near your kitchen as well.
- Statement chandelier – if you’re not after illuminating your kitchen space but rather just using light to jazz it up, perhaps a nice statement chandelier in the middle of your kitchen would do the trick. Choose from glass, iron, or wood to suit your kitchen’s overall look.
- Kitchen cabinet strip lighting – give your kitchen a futuristic do over with strip lights attached to cabinets and shelves. These are great for bringing focus towards display items in your kitchen and for transforming your space into something cool and contemporary too!