The kitchen is where many of us spend a lot of our time at home. If you’re someone who loves to cook, I bet no day has passed without you being in the kitchen for at least a few minutes, preparing a delicious meal. Because it’s something we always see, it’s easy to get tired of how your kitchen looks like. If you think a whole kitchen renovation is too costly and too time-consuming, check out these inexpensive ways to give your kitchen a fresh new look.
- Repaint the walls – one of the quickest and easiest ways to freshen up your kitchen, or any space in your home for that matter, is to repaint the walls. Over time, your kitchen tends to look dimmer because of the accumulated dust and dirt on your walls. Splash on a fresh coat of paint and watch your kitchen transform right in front of your eyes.
- Create an accent wall – an accent wall is another way to brighten up and liven up a room without blowing your budget or breaking the bank. You just need to focus on one wall instead of all walls in your kitchen and it’s a great way to divert the focus away from the clutter in your kitchen to the accent wall. Check out this handy article on accent walls for inspiration.
- Add plants to your kitchen – the kitchen is a great place to grow your own mini garden. It doesn’t take up a lot of space (an empty window sill will do) plus it’s very decorative and very useful, too. Grow herbs that you can use for cooking or low-maintenance decorative plants like succulents for just a pop of color in your space. Fake plants are alright, too.
- Light the room up – sometimes, all you really need in your kitchen is more light. Adding a statement piece of lighting is a great way to give your kitchen a fresh new look. Exposed pendant lamps and contemporary mini chandeliers are perfect for this.
- Update your backsplash – a dated backsplash can make any kitchen look old and dingy. Update yours and transform your kitchen with a whole new look. Not to mention, this option is much cheaper compared to re-tiling the whole kitchen.
- Add decorative items here and there – one mistake many people make when furnishing their kitchen is not adding decorative items in the mix. This can make your kitchen look plain and boring, pretty much like a restaurant kitchen with nothing but pots and pans in it. Personalize your space and add decorative items here and there to make it look and feel more homey.