Sometimes, you step into a fully furnished, fully decorated room but you still think something’s amiss. Blank walls tend to do that. Minimalism is great, but even minimalists can’t stand too many blank walls in their homes. If you’ve got one too many blank walls in yours and you’re looking for ways to add more life to your space, an accent wall might just do the trick for you. Here are 8 accent wall ideas you can try to brighten up a room.
- Paint it a bright color – one of the cheapest but also nicest ways to create an accent wall in any room in your home is to simply paint is a bright color. Bright here doesn’t necessarily refer to colors like yellow, pink, red, and such. It just means a color that would create a nice contrast against the other walls. You can also try creating different paint designs like stripes, geometrical patterns, and more.
- Create an ombre wall – feeling a little more artsy? Try creating an ombre painted accent wall instead. You can use a paint roller if you want the linear gradient effect, or you can use a sponge for something a bit more cloudy-looking. Either way, an ombre wall is a great way to create an accent wall that’s also the focal point of a room.
- Pick an interesting wallpaper – if you want to create an accent wall but don’t have much time to paint or DIY it, you can always resort to adding an interesting wallpaper to it instead. There are tons of wallpaper options out there, all you need to do is find the perfect one to match your theme and decor.
- Create vertical garden – need an accent wall idea in the kitchen or for a wall leading to the outdoors? How about creating your own vertical garden? This works well on both indoor and outdoor accent walls and they’re not that difficult to make, either. You just have to have a lot of patience while waiting for your plants to grow before seeing the full effect.
- Use reclaimed wood – adding the element of wood brings warmth to any room. If you want an accent wall that’s simple but sure to stand out, one that’s made with reclaimed wood would be really great. This is perfect, too, if you’re planning on putting something up on the wall like frames, mirrors, or even mounting a TV.
- Make a mural – personally, I’m not that good at painting. If you are, though, painting your wall a nice mural is a great way to create an accent wall. This solution works for any room and it’s much cheaper than other options, too, though it is quite time-consuming.
- Fill it up with frames – if you’re looking for a more personalized accent wall option, how about filling your wall up with frames? It doesn’t have to be all pictures. Frame a mirror, a book cover, a painting — you can frame whatever you like and hang it up on your wall.