Getting tired of your current living room set up? You could blow your savings and buy new furniture for a fresh new look, or you can keep your savings, rearrange what you already have now and add a few gorgeous DIY pieces instead. The thing about DIYs, though, is that it’s easy to end up with a living that looks like a preschool classroom on steroids. The trick to avoiding this, luckily, is very simple and that is to make sure what you’re DIYing is not just decorative but also functional (that means no popsicle stick picture frames!). Here are some budget-friendly DIY decor for your living room.
- DIY fur throw pillow covers – fur throw pillows are great for creating contrasting texture in your living room and it’s really good for making your living room look and feel cozier too. You can buy these anywhere, from $10 to $25 a piece, sometimes even higher, but why do that when you can DIY it for less? Check out this tutorial on how to make your own DIY fur throw pillow.
- Woven rope box organizers – I love storage boxes that are both pretty and functional which is why I love these woven rope box organizers. They add a bit of that warm, rustic touch to a specific area in a room and they’re really easy and cheap to make, too. Check out this video tutorial for details.
- Personalized wall art – why buy generic wall art from home supply stores when you can make your own custome wall art and not break (or even touch) the bank. There are tons of wall art options out there to get inspired by. My favorites are stenciled pictures on canvas, string art, and personalized statement clocks.
- Mercury vases on the cheap – mercury vases are so expensive so when I learned about this DIY trick and I tried making my own, I fell in love! Now, I have mercury vases everywhere in my home and they sure add a nice touch of elegant sophistication there. You can make it as shiny or as antique-looking as you please. Just follow this easy DIY.
- Centerpiece terrarium – adding a touch of green to your living room by using plants is a great way to give a fresher look. If you think plants in pots are boring, perhaps you should try making your own centerpiece terrarium instead. Make it cute and whimsical or make it sleek and contemporary. The choice is all yours.